is it a file on the client side or server side ?

if client side, you can specify a result type in the struts.xml but the user
will be prompted to save the file as its a security risk to write it without
there confirmation.

server side, just use plain java code in jsp to write and then do a page
redirect or return null.

adam

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/