public void setName(String val) {
name = val;

and Parent definition:

@Entity
@Table(name="PARENT")
public class Parent {
private Long id;
private String name;
private Set<Child> values = new HashSet<Child>();
@Id
@GeneratedValue
@Column(name="PARENT_ID")
public Long getId() {
return id;
}
public void setId(Long id) {
this.id = id;
}
@Column(name="NAME")
public String getName() {
return name;
}
public void setName(String val) {
name = val;
}
@OneToMany(cascade = CascadeType.ALL, fetch = FetchType.EAGER)
@JoinTable(name = "PARENT_CHILD", joinColumns = { @JoinColumn(name =
"PARENT_ID") }, inverseJoinColumns = { @JoinColumn(name = "CHILD_ID") })
public Set<Child> getValues() {
return values;
}
public Child getValues(Long idx) { // NEVER CALLED!
for ( Iterator<Child> iter = values.iterator(); iter.hasNext();) {
Child c = (Child) iter.next();
if (c.getId() == idx) return c;
}
return null;
}
public void setValues(Set<Child> lst) {
values = lst;

So I do not understand the ognl.NoSuchPropertyException I got after submission..