Hi Chris,

Yes this is the same issue this end. It is strange because there is a
document talking about multiple Struts 2 WARs in an EAR. So I would
imagine this has to be possible.

I have set the logging level to FINEST on the Struts packages to see
what was happening on boot (when the scanning should take place).

I get this when the WAR is deployed on its OWN:

Setting action default parent package to [convention-default]
Actions being loaded using package locators [action, actions, struts,
struts2]
Excluding actions from packages [org.apache.struts.*,
org.apache.struts2.*, org.springframework.web.struts.*,
org.springframework.web.struts2.*, org.hibernate.*]
Ignoring URL [file:/E:/Dev/Servers/glassfish/META-INF] because it is not
a valid protocol
Ignoring URL [file:/E:/Dev/Servers/glassfish/META-INF] because it is not
a valid protocol
Processing class [com.me.actions.MainAction] in package [com.me.actions]
Changed action name from [MainAction] to [main]
Got actionName for class [class com.me.actions.MainAction] of [main]
Created package config named [com.me.actions#convention-default#] with a
namespace []
Creating action config for class [class com.me.actions.MainAction], name
[Main] and package name [com.me.actions#convention-default#] in
namespace []
Using final calculated namespace []
Searching for results in the Servlet container at [/WEB-INF/jsp/] with
result prefix of [/WEB-INF/jsp/Main]
Processing resource path [/WEB-INF/jsp/index.jsp]
Searching for results in the class path at [WEB-INF/jsp/] with a result
prefix of [/WEB-INF/jsp/Main] and action name [Main]
Checking ConfigurationProviders for reload.
Checking ConfigurationProviders for reload.

And I get this when it is deployed as part of the EAR:

Setting action default parent package to [convention-default]
Actions being loaded using package locators [action, actions, struts,
struts2]
Excluding actions from packages [org.apache.struts.*,
org.apache.struts2.*, org.springframework.web.struts.*,
org.springframework.web.struts2.*, org.hibernate.*]
Ignoring URL [file:/E:/Dev/Servers/glassfish/META-INF] because it is not
a valid protocol
Ignoring URL [file:/E:/Dev/AAL/ANA/dist/gfdeploy/ANA-ejb_jar/META-INF/]
because it is not a valid protocol
Ignoring URL [file:/E:/Dev/Servers/glassfish/META-INF] because it is not
a valid protocol
Ignoring URL [file:/E:/Dev/AAL/ANA/dist/gfdeploy/ANA-ejb_jar/META-INF/]
because it is not a valid protocol
Checking ConfigurationProviders for reload.
Checking ConfigurationProviders for reload.

James