Greetings,

We are converting from using Struts1 and XDoclet to Struts2 and Struts2
annotations.

We have a base action class which handles requests which displays grid style
information.
The super class is a template pattern which does a lot of the common heavy
lifting and exposes
a method "display" which is invoked by a name specified in the action
configuration for the url.
Subclasses simply implement a method to retrieve a collection of objects.

What we have been doing is placing the XDoclet annotations in the subclasses
which specified
the url and the method to invoke.

With Struts2, I don't see that this is possible using just the annotations.
It appears subclasses will have to override the superclass method just to bind
a url.
I don't see that the @Action annotation supports a "method" parameter or it may
be possible.

The same problem will occur for our CRUD action super classes.
The subclasses will have to override the super class methods just to bind the
method name to the url.

So, am I missing something? Is it possible to use Struts2 annotations such that
subclasses don't have
to override super class methods simply to bind the method name to the url?

/robert