When you submit the fieldset through ajax, are you submitting to a
different action mapping? If the ajax submit and the full form submit,
you could setup a validation for the action mapping that corresponds
to the ajax submit. Handling ajax validation is a bit tricky, but
somewhere in the wiki, there is a document that describes it.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.