Hi Thomas,

use the paramsPrepareParams interceptor stack (or change yours), from struts-default.xml:

<!-- An example of the paramsPrepareParams trick. This stack
                 is exactly the same as the defaultStack, except that it
includes one extra interceptor before the prepare interceptor:
                 the params interceptor.

This is useful for when you wish to apply parameters directly to an object that you wish to load externally (such as a DAO
                 or database or service layer), but can't load that object
until at least the ID parameter has been loaded. By loading
                 the parameters twice, you can retrieve the object in the
prepare() method, allowing the second params interceptor to
                 apply the values on the object. -->
            <interceptor-stack name="paramsPrepareParamsStack">

I think this accomplishes what you are looking for (of course you need setters for the parameters that you want params interceptor to have ready for you by the time the prepare() method is called).