In struts 2 you can use any POJO as action class. But normally one extends
ActionSupport for convenience
Check Manning struts 2 in action

________________________________
From: Alvarito <alvaro.gar...@student.dit.ie>
To: user@struts.apache.org
Sent: Fri, July 9, 2010 1:42:34 PM
Subject: Struts2 or Struts1?

Hi there,

I would like to use Struts2 for a personal project in J2EE I have in mind.

Does anyone knows what is the support and existing online documentation to work
with Struts2 and Hibernate together?

I have been following a tutorial online here, and I can see Struts2 does not
make use any more of POJOs. I would like to give it a try as it seems simpler
me than previous versions.
http://viralpatel.net/blogs/2010/01/tutorial-struts2-hibernate-example-eclipse.html

Also, I am wondering if there any really good books out there someone knows or
online resources about how to use these two technologies above together.

Thanks in advance for your help and direction.
-Alvaro G
This message has been scanned for content and viruses by the DIT Information
Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie