I'm using struts2 with the convention plugin. I'm really new to all of it and haven't really used Struts 2 WITHOUT the plugin before. Seeing as it's called "convention", I imagine that there are a lot of things that it can do automatically by convention. One of the things I was curious about was how struts2 resolves jsp pages vs actions.

For example, suppose I have a jsp page called register.jsp, if I navigate to /register, I get to that jsp page. register.jsp might be the result of a registration so I may have an action called Register. Now if I navigate to /register, it goes to the action, and if I don't do anything else, the result page is automatically register.jsp. This is good because I can't directly access register.jsp now and I don't want the users to be able to do that.

One thing I also like is that I don't have to call my result page register.jsp, I can call it register-success.jsp and it will still work the same way EXCEPT that a user can now directly type /register-success into their address bar and will be taken to that page. Conventionally, how do people solve this problem?

Thanks!