In my project, I have everything defined as an action in a struts.xml.
 All my action classes extend BaseAction.  Then, for cases where
everything I need really *is* in the jsp, I just have an action set up
something like:

<action name="jspOnly" class="BaseAction">
  <result name="success">no-action-jsp.jsp</result>
</action>

Doing it this way, *everything* will be an action (though the
BaseAction execute() method doesn't really do much).

-Brian