what i did was to override ValidationAware.hasErrors(). according to
the docs, the workflow interceptor calls this method, if there are
validation errors, it returns "input" and stops further execution of
the action. i tried this...

public boolean hasErrors() {
 boolean result = super.hasErrors();
 if(result) {