On 9/18/2010 8:36 AM, Norbert Hirneisen wrote:
Just another question regarding this context:

the original code has been written by a colleague.
Now I´m intrigued if setting the execute-Method in the base class within a
synchronized block makes sense ?!
As far as I´m understanding the action classes behave like servlets and multiple
request can be served parallel by using multi-threading.
So synchronzing the execute-Methode would slow down the performance
significantly ??! Is my understanding correct ?

Thanks,
Norbert

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dave Newton [mailto:davelnew...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 18. September 2010 14:07
An: Struts Users Mailing List; no...@s2you.de
Betreff: Re: AW: Struts 1 and thread safety

No, I meant actual ThreadLocals, but what you're saying would work too.

The best way to go about doing it depends on what's being done in the
subclasses.

Dave

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Norbert Hirneisen<no...@s2you.de>  wrote:

Thanks, Dave.

Using the data local means to call

long projectId = Project.getIdFromRequest(request);

in every subclass because there is no thread-safe way to use a class field in
the super-class ?

Would it be thread-safe to use a local variable in the super-class and store the
data in the session ?
Is that what you mean with "passing the data around" ?

Thanks in advance,
Norbert