Hi Li,

JSTL and EL give you access to the implicit pageContext object.
From there you can access attributes from request and session.

For example:
<c:set var="contextPath" value="${pageContext.request.contextPath}"/>

And then use contextPath variable however you wish.

I'm not sure how this would translate into an OGNL expression.
But I'm sure others on this list do :)

/robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Li Ying" <liying.cn.2...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 4:12 AM
Subject: Re: referencing javascript files from (action) jsp file

Hi Robert and Dave:

I tried <c:url> in my application, and it works for almost all the case.

But there is one exception:

In my application, i customized the CSS files shiped with Struts JQuery plugin

and put them under path [{contextPath}/res/struts/].

In JSP, i need add code likes:

<sj:head jquerytheme="redmond" scriptPath="%{contextPath}/res/struts/" />

to tell Struts JQuery plugin where to load js/css files.

In this case, i think <c:url> can not help,

because [contextPath] is a part of attribute value of another tag.

I tried "%{#request.getContextPath()}", but it don't work for some
reason i don't know.

So i decide to remain my old solution(adding a property in my Action),

so i can reference [contextPath] in Struts tags.

Of cause, in simlpe URL case, <c:url> is a better choice.