On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 14:01 -0400, Anjib Mulepati wrote:
> ok so is this mean both is server side validation and client side
> validation is done with Javascript?
>
> Also between these two(.xml and execute() method) which one is better?
> Any pros and cons?
>
> Anjib
>
> On 10/25/2010 1:55 PM, Dave Newton wrote:
> > That's not combining client- and server-side validation, that's
> > combining declarative and programmatic validation, unless you're
> > talking about the JavaScript validation method.
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Anjib Mulepati<anji...@hotmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Can we combine client side validation and server side validation? i.e.
> >> using
> >> validation.xml as well as validation in  validate() method as well.
> >> Does it make any sense?
> >>
> >> Thanks

Client side validation via javascripts prevents client to server
communication if some error can be deal with at client side, ie, input
eroor, which reduces server burden. However, server side validation is
also needed because clients can walk around client side intentionally.

Please correct me if I said something wrong.

Qiang

--
Qiang Li
HuBei Polytechnic Institute