Hi Lukasz,

Your identification of the exact cause of the error has helped me to
solve this problem.  The problem is here:

<controller>
    <set-property  property="processorClass"
value="EricEnhancement.util.CustomRequestProcessor"/>
</controller>

For whatever reason the CustomRequestProcessor I was using is not
compatible with the TilesRequestProcessor.  When I remove the above
from struts-config.xml everything SEEMS to work as expected.  I need
to do a little more work to prove this definitively however.  However,
this creates another issue.  I was using the CustomRequestProcessor to
redirect to the login page under certain circumstances.  Can you
recommend another approach that will accomplish the same thing?

Thanks so much for your help,

Andy