I pinged this same question to the list a while back, and I think the
only thing that will break is if you use the "Class Reloading" feature
in the Spring Plugin.  Knowing that this is a experimental debug
feature, and not to be used in production environments, this should
not be an issue for you.  I am using Spring 3.0.4 (and Spring Secruity
3.0.4) with no issues.

http://struts.apache.org/2.2.1/docs/spring-plugin.html