So, what might happen if you called it (super()) in validate()?

I mean, I apologize for not just outright telling you, but I really like it
when people puzzle through stuff like this themselves, because it is *the*
most important skill you can have as a developer (or anything else, for that
matter).

(I also might be *totally* wrong, in which case sorry I confused the
issue--my bad.)

Dave