On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 8:35 AM, JavaNoobie87 wrote:
> I tried the same but  my drop down becomes empty when i run the jsp and the
> source generated from the select tag is as follows
>
>    --Select--
> Please advise.

Please use plain-text messages.

"The pastebin" isn't an attached message, it's something on pastebin.
Please don't attach files--they don't work on the actual mailing list.

The bottom line is that you're new to programming, and new to Struts
2. This is going to make things very, /very/ difficult for you, and
for us.

You keep posting tiny little pieces of the puzzle. If you don't
understand why it's important to tell the details, please read the
following two resources:

http://www.coderanch.com/how-to/java/TellTheDetails

We don't know how you're retrieving the things to show in the
dropdown--you can post just the code for that.

You can also help yourself out by putting in readable, meaningful log
statements (like indicating how many items are in the list being sent
to the view layer (the JSP)). You can put breakpoints on code to see
if it's actually being executed. You can take the time to understand
how the framework functions by turning on devMode and cranking the log
level up to DEBUG (this will generate a lot of output; be patient).

In short, really try to think about what's going on, and recognize
that we're not in front of your machine and do not have any way to
work out your issues without you providing us a lot of information.
This is the nature of what we do: it's inherently complex, and
communicating that complexity is one of the greatest challenges we
face.

Dave