2011/3/29 Mohamed Rabie Hayoun Ben Maimoun <mrhay...@gmail.com>

> Hi!
> I'm devoloping an aplication with the next version:
>
>   1. tiles 2.2.2
>   2. struts 2.2.1
>   3. struts2-tiles-plugin-2.2.1
>
> I integrate all the framework and they working fine, there is no error, but
> my problem is tile files configuration's size. It start to became a little
> bit hard to maintain  and i want to split it in various configuration
> files.
> I found a way with "
> org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.DEFINITIONS_CONFIG" as a init
> parameter in web.xml but it's deprecated

Yes it's deprecated, but it works (it should, at least). AFAIK Struts
2/Tiles plugin is not maintained much, so using a deprecated feature is not
such a problem.

> also i saw that you can extend
> some abstract Classes from tiles API to develop you own configuration
> loader
> but that it's only with tiles no in combination with struts2-plugin.

Another reason that confirms that the plugin is not maintained. Spring
MVC/Tiles integration is better.
So my suggestion is to use the configuration via DEFINITIONS_CONFIG
parameter.

Antonio