>Before the email requirement, the information was stored in a jsp and
>included where necessary using tiles.  The complexity of compiling a jsp
>and returning the resulting html is simply an inadequate solution.

I would explore using Velocity. Struts will display a Velocity page or you
can shove the output into a variable that you display from a JSP - the
result of a Struts action. E-mail and Velocity are like peanut butter and
jelly.

I wouldn't consider storing HTML in a properties file. That sounds messy.