> I am asking because it seems that validation is only allowed for one
> set of properties. This indicates I should create two actions

Validation can go down to the method level and you can validate what you
desire for that method call. Just name the .xml file (if using that
approach) with the method name as well the class name.

I would personally allow my decision on number of classes to be driven
based on class purpose. I try to limit classes to a finite set of
responsibilities, usually very fine-grained, in favor or more classes.
This provides easier reuse, unit testing, etc. When classes get to be big
and multi-purpose, then they get confusing and ripe for refactoring.

If you feel you have a single purpose that a single class should address,
then use the one class. If you are serving multiple purposes that aren't
related (doesn't sound like your case), then don't worry about having just
a couple lines in a class. It is okay to have lots of classes.