Hi All,

I'm currently fiddling with <s:reset and have discovered that just like
the taglib "<s:submit" it also contains the attributes "method" and
"action".

Testing it, they do not seem to have any effect:

Here is my Action :

<action name="startResetTest"
class="org.cast.tests.struts2.misc.tld_tests.ResetClass"

            method="fillList"

            <result
name="startReset">/WEB-INF/pages/TLD_Tests/5.5.Reset.jsp</result>

        </action>

<action name="TLDTests.5.5.2.Reset"
class="org.cast.tests.struts2.misc.tld_tests.ResetClass">

            <result>/WEB-INF/pages/endZone.jsp</result>

        </action>

In my class I have:

public class ResetClass {

      private String modelSignal;

public String fillList() {

            setModelSignal("Passed through fillList");

            return "startReset";

      }

public String resetCase2() {

            setModelSignal("Passed through Submit Test #2");

            return ActionSupport.SUCCESS;

      }

      public void setModelSignal(String usedModel) {

            this.modelSignal = usedModel;

      }

      public String getModelSignal() {

            return modelSignal;

In my view I have :

<s:property value="modelSignal"/>

<h2>Reset Case 2</h2>

We specify the action and method through the reset button :

<s:form>

      <s:textfield label="test 2 : " name="resetTest2Field"/>

      <s:reset action="TLDTests.5.5.2.Reset" method="resetCase2"/>

</s:form>

My assumption is that if I press "rest" here I should be send to the
action "TLDTests.5.5.2.Reset" and the method "resetCase2" in the class
"org.cast.tests.struts2.misc.tld_tests.ResetClass".

But when I press "reset", it just empties the field values of my form
and nothing else. I keep the context  I even tested this in debug mode.
When I press "Reset" I do not enter the action class.

Does anyone know when the "action" attribute of "<s:reset" is used?

Best regards,

Baubak