I am using the struts2 (v 2.2.3) json-plugin and have a model object field
that is a java.util.Date. However, when this date field is converted to json
data it's coming back like "2011-05-11T09:14:41". Some older browsers (IE7 &
IE8) don't like this format, but can handle the milliseconds date format
properly.

Is there any way to specify the format of the date field in my model o9bject
when it is converted to json. NOTE - I'd rather not use annotations, because
my model classes are generated from an XML Schema and I' prefer to not alter
them once generated.

Thanks in advance,
tkoff...@ku.edu