On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 13:24 +0100, Miguel wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 08:10 -0400, Dave Newton wrote:
>
> > What specifically do you need an actual request for? This strikes me
> > as coupling your design to the servlet spec, and there's rarely a
> > strong reason to do that past the web layer itself. The idea on
> > injecting a request just seems wrong.

Following my previous email and agreeing with you on this,  I might, of
course, get off the request hook by changing the request injection with
injecting, for example, those two properties (username and ipaddress) to
this class, but the underlying problem is the same: I'm not seeing how I
can inject that requests' username and IP address to that class...