Hi,

I'd like to use PWM for Password Self-service management, but that
will only let me set passwords for users in an LDAP server.

https://code.google.com/p/pwm/

How would I make (Open)LDAP password leading for all passwords, but
keep Syncope for propagating users (including passwords) to target
applications? Of course, I could make all client applications
authenticate agains LDAP, but that would solve the problem only in
application layer and needs suitable applications. I'm trying to see
if this problem also has a solution in data layer.

This hypothetical excercise would require a 2-way encrypted password
setup between OpenLDAP and Syncope. Is this a possible scenario? Would
PLAINTEXT Passwords in LDAP be the only solution? Maybe changing PWM
so that the password would be AES encrypted into a pwd transport
attribute, which could be picked up by Syncope and propagated to LDAP
and other applications?

Of course, I'm looking at NetIQ/eDir/SSPR as a commercial example IdM
system for my question. It would be nice if Syncope+OpenLDAP+PWM could
do this trick as well ;)

Regards,
Martin
--
If 'but' was any useful, it would be a logic operator