Hi Prabhu,
to be sure, I've just installed Syncope 1.2.4 from installer on a clean
machine, on Tomcat + MySQL, and everything worked as expected.

FYI, here's the detailed steps I've followed (on CentOS 6.6, but should be
the mostly the same on other GNU / Linux distributions). I did everything as
root.

0. Installed the latest JDK 7.X available

1. Installed MySQL 5.5 client and server, created a database 'syncope' and
granted full access to user 'syncope' with password 'syncope'; verified that
I was able to connect with such credentials on localhost, port 3306

2. Downloaded the latest Tomcat 7.X (7.0.62) and uncompressed under /opt

3. Downloaded the latest MySQL JDBC driver and copied under
/opt/apache-tomcat-7.0.62/lib

4. Configured the Tomcat JAVA_OPTS and MySQL datasource in
/opt/apache-tomcat-7.0.62/conf/context.xml as illustrated by

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+in+real+environments#RunSyncopeinrealenvironments-ApacheTomcat7

5. Configured /opt/apache-tomcat-7.0.62/conf/tomcat-users.xml as suggested
by

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Install+Syncope+from+installer

e.g. replacing existing content with

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<role rolename="manager-script"/>
<role rolename="manager-jmx"/>
<role rolename="manager-status"/>
<user username="manager" password="s3cret" roles="manager-script"/>
</tomcat-users>

6. Started Tomcat via /opt/apache-tomcat-7.0.62/bin/startup.sh and started
watching /opt/apache-tomcat-7.0.62/logs/catalina.out via tail -f (no error
messages, good!)

7. Downloaded the latest Maven (3.3.3) and uncompressed under /opt; set

alias mvn='/opt/apache-maven-3.3.3/bin/mvn'

8. Downloaded syncope-installer-1.2.4-uber.jar

9. Executed java -jar syncope-installer-1.2.4-uber.jar

10. Followed instructions on screen: I changed the installation path to
/opt/syncope, and rebased conf, log and bundles directory to /opt/syncope;
for the rest I've left all default values

11. Started watching /opt/syncope/install.log to see in details what was
happening

12. Waited while installer, via Maven, downloaded and installed all required
components, then deployed everything to Tomcat ("Core successfully deployed"
and "Console successfully deployed")

13. Finished the installation and closed the installer program

At this point everything is working as expected: by pointing my browser to

http://sandalo:8080/syncope-console/

(yes, 'sandalo' is my test machine's hostname)

and inserting the default admin credentials (admin / password) I am able to
enter the admin console and access all features.

HTH
Regards.