Hi Brian,

On 2016-08-05 19:26 brain wrote:
As I get more familiar with syncope, I am more impressed. but I would like to
make sure that this software is right for my non-profit organization.

My Goals for the IDM
- Initial identity information is collected once when a person starts work.

I would say this is self-registration, which you can handle with Apache Syncope Enduser - see demo at

http://syncope-vm.apache.org:9080/syncope-enduser

- Account provisioning is automated in all systems.

Generally, provisioning works this way but complete coverage depends on the availability of ConnId connectors for such systems:

https://github.com/Tirasa/ConnId/blob/master/README.md#available-connectors

Naturally, new connectors can be created for other technologies.

- Roles define default privileges and access.

In Syncope, roles are used for internal authorization and delegated administration; groups can be used instead to cover this item.

- Users self manage their demographics.

Again, Enduser is fit for the job.

- Integrated HR and technical processes.

This really depends on what you mean by "integrated": is this something covered by provisioning? Alternatively you can tweak the workflow.

Am I correct to say that syncope can meet most if not all of these goals?

Definitely, you are correct: should you need some more background information on how Apache Syncope works, please take a look at the draft reference guide that we are finalizing in these days: still some parts missing, but core concepts already there:

https://ci.apache.org/projects/syncope/reference-guide.html

HTH
Regards.
--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC,
CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer, PonyMail PPMC
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/