Hi Adrian,
thanks for sharing your experience.

A couple of things:

1. Fabio and I have been running some performance tests on 2.0.3 and the related improvements are now part of 2.0.4 - it seems there is still some issue with AnyObjects (not with Users nor Groups) in 2.0.4 - see SYNCOPE-1199, but AFAIK Matteo is after it

2. If you plan to run a test with 10 concurrent threads, then the DB thread pool should have at least 10 connections available: despite of the pool library in use, such setting is of fundamental importance

Regards.

On 24/08/2017 11:27, Adrian Gonzalez wrote:
Thanks Francesco, that's exactly what I need !

> Any special reason to not upgrade to 2.0.4?

The little story is that we have a little locking issue during authentication in Syncope (I didn't pinpointed the cause, could be syncope or our customization or my tests :) ), when calling the /syncope/rest/users/self endpoint from a JMeter test with multiple threads (10).

Digging a bit further, I've seen 2 pbs :
a - inifinite connection timeout in jdbc dataSource settings.
b - locking in db

I was working on a.
It came from the default setting (I can customize it, no pb).
But I've seen you changed the db pool in 2.0.4 and I wanted to give it a try (just for testing purposes). Since 2.0.4 has some db changes and we already have a 2.0.2 in production but *without* any flyway migration scripts, I wanted to see if I could integrate easily the 2.0.4 db pool changes in my 2.0.2.
Hence this mail :)
And I also wanted to know if there was a way to customize the configuration in case I had a more urgent need in the future - so I know how to do it next time :)

I'm switching to work on b now.

Thanks once more, and sorry for the long and boring details :)
Adrian