      De : Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
 À : user@syncope.apache.org
 Envoyé le : Jeudi 31 août 2017 17h59
 Objet : Re: Syncope core clustering

 Hi Adrian,
 see my replies embedded below.

 Regards.

 On 31/08/2017 17:14, Adrian Gonzalez wrote:

  Hello,
  I read that we need to configure OpenJPA 2nd level cache in the syncope
documentation
https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#high-availability if I
want to use syncope in a cluster.

  I have syncope running in the cloud (with dynamic scalability and dynamic
ips), so I'll have some issues configuring with fixed ips and a fixed number of
instances. i.e. <property name="openjpa.RemoteCommitProvider"
value="tcp(Addresses=10.0.1.10;10.0.1.11)"/>

 Of course: in such cases you should be using JMS rather than TCP:

http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/2.4.2/apache-openjpa/docs/ref_guide_event.html#ref_guide_event_conf_jms

  I'm only using Syncope Core (aka REST Services), not the console or end-user
app.
  For the moment, I didn't activate the RemoteCommitProvider settings (and
hence have the sjvm), and I'm running in some NPE errors when calling
/syncope/rest/users/self REST API in one instance (but on the other with
exactly the same parameter, it just works). See [1] for the stacktrace
  I'd like to know if I can just disable JPA 2nd level cache (I'm only using
Syncope core) or if I'm going to run in some rough issues ?
<shared-cache-mode>NONE</shared-cache-mode>

 That's very likely: the 2nd level cache is what glues together the various
OpenJPA instances (e.g. Syncope Core instances) in the cluster.

 You might try to disable all sort of JPA caches, but there is no guarantee
that things keep working.

 Regards.
 --
Francesco Chicchiriccò