DataMovementEvent is a construct defined for an Input/Output pair to
communicate with each other. The actual information being passed between the 2
is not understood by the framework except in that, it is a byte payload to be
handed off from the source to the destination. Users are not expected to create
derived classes of this type but to use the payload within the object to pass
information around.

For example, most of the currently implemented Input-Output pairs ( for
shuffle/broadcast edges ) use the payload to pass the url specifying the
location of the data to be fetched.

thanks
— HItesh