Hi Thad,

To clarify, are you looking for an API in the client to invoke a callback when
a session has shut down? Or invoke user logic in the AM when the session is
about to shut down?

For the former, given that client does not poll the session continuously,
detecting the session shutdown is only done when an API is invoked that
requires the client to communicate with the AM. In such cases, a
SessionNotRunning exception should be thrown. If you are looking at maintaining
a live session handle all the time, one approach maybe to launch a thread that
periodically invokes getAppMasterStatus and handle cases when the session has
died.

For the latter, there is no such support today.

— Hitesh