On Sun, 4 May 2014, Milos Kovacevic wrote:
How are you passing the file to the server? And are you setting an Accepts
header? Normally with a JAXRS server which supports multiple response
types, it's the accept header you use to pick between them. Take a look at
the Tika Server unit tests for examples

Thank you very much. I forgot to set my urlconnection with
setRequestProperty("accept","text/plain");

Now it works.

Great!

Do you know about setting the max size of the parsed text?

Nope, sorry. TikaResource is the class that powers it all, but I'm still only dabbling with the Tika Server so I don't know how that endpoint works

Nick