Thanks Dave,

Yes - I already have a thread pool that runs the parsing tasks - just not sure
if all the parsers will conform to correct handling of being interrupted so I
wondered if anyone had already tried it. My system sees about 1 million assets
a day of various types. Not too many have runaway issues. I hope I can provide
some samples to either the Tika team or the underlying parser team to see if
anyone can do anything about them. But for now, if I can bale when neded then
it will be fine.

Cheers,

jim