Am 16.10.19 um 21:05 schrieb Eric Pugh:
I’m looking at running Tika Server mode in a Linux box (and sorry, I don’t know
the specific flavour….).   Is there a nice service script to deal with bring
Tika back up if the Linux box is restarted?

I saw this link on Stack Overflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31733709/auto-restart-a-tika-server

We aren’t in a Docker world either ;-(

Eric

_______________________

If you are using systemd you can add this script to
/etc/systemd/system/tika-server.service:

###########
[Unit]
Description=Apache Tika - a content analysis toolkit
After=syslog.target

[Service]
User=tika-server
ExecStart=/usr/bin/java -cp "/etc/tika/:/usr/share/tika-server/tika-server.jar"
org.apache.tika.server.TikaServerCli --port 7777 -h 0.0.0.0

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

You can administrate tika with "systemctl daemon-reload", "systemctl start tika-server",
"systemctl enable tika-server". Modify the paths matching your requirements.

--
Johannes Weberhofer
Weberhofer GmbH, Austria, Vienna