From: Tilman Hausherr <thaush...@t-online.de>
Sent: Donnerstag, 14. November 2019 18:05
To: user@tika.apache.org
Cc: us...@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Parsing huge PDF (400Mb, 2700 pages)

The PDF can be much bigger than 3GB when decompressed.

What you could try

1) using a scratch file (will be even slower) when opening the document
2) the on-demand parser, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-4569<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__issues.apache.org_jira_browse_PDFBOX-2D4569&d=DwMDaQ&c=ZbgFmJjg4pdtrnL2HUJUDw&r=MS-8N6QwQqjzb8iBrPi691rQrebnovN-5Sk5-OHOxKQ&m=_kWIdSjT5LgtYpKhEsWgOOWGO2MZJ5uZvxB6zIG-Ixk&s=AOHvMcfbvkw1ADozf5VqFIwLMHmBvs7o7hvhSgJD7cM&e=>

there is a branch on the svn server, you have to build from source.

Tilman