Hi Cristian,
  A couple of things come to mind...

1) Are you seeing any parse exceptions that start with "Waited more
than 5 minutes for a SAXParser"... that would be a bad sign.
2) I'm frankly not clear on how jax-rs does threading (if per request,
etc).  The default pool size is 10 so if there are more than 10
threads needing to parse xml at then you'll have contention.  You can
bump up that number with something like the following in your
tika-config.xml file

<properties>
    <xml-reader-utils maxEntityExpansions="5" poolSize="33"/>
</properties>

I don't think we made many changes to that area of the code between 1x
and 2x so I'm surprised that this is new, but I can look into it a bit
further.

Best,

          Tim