This type of error is often caused by having conflicting jars on the class path.

E.g. I see that the detect() method exists in version 1.18 of
ArchiveStreamFactory
<https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-compress/javadocs/api-1.18/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/ArchiveStreamFactory.html>,
 but not version 1.9

The problem might already have existed in Tika, but been hidden by the
classloader picking up the newer version of the the jar.

It looks like you’re running this from IntelliJ…do you get the same error using
the command line?

And can you check for multiple versions of Commons Compress on the classpath?

Thanks,

— Ken

Ken Krugler
http://www.scaleunlimited.com