From: שי ברק <shai...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2023 4:14 PM
To: user@tika.apache.org
Subject: [External] Re: Tika server does not support RAR version 5

Thanks for the quick response.
It seems like this issue has not been resolved since long time ago.
Any chances that Tike would use different library instead of junrar or other
ideas how to solve this?

On Mon, 24 Apr 2023 at 18:52 Rob McCoy
<rob.mc...@onna.com<mailto:rob.mc...@onna.com>> wrote:
Hey Shay,

If I'm not mistaken, the RAR5 support for Tika is blocked until an underlying
library (junrar) adds support for this, tracked here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-3211.

My understanding is RAR5 drastically changed how things worked, so it caused a
need for nearly an entire rewrite of how they are handled, as discussed here:
https://github.com/junrar/junrar/issues/23

‪On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 10:17 AM ‫שי ברק‎