*From:* Nandita Mohan
*Sent:* Monday, October 9, 2023 3:41 PM
*To:* user@tika.apache.org
*Subject:* Requesting Tika Server release: commons-compress vulnerability

Hi there,

I work on a service which needs to upgrade our images due to this
vulnerability in Apache *commons-compress*: Apache Commons Compress denial
of service vulnerability · CVE-2023-42503 · GitHub Advisory Database
<https://github.com/advisories/GHSA-cgwf-w82q-5jrr>

This is due to use of Tika Server 2.9.0 (Apache Tika – Apache Tika 1.27
<https://tika.apache.org/2.9.0/index.html>), which has commons-compress as
a dependency. I saw that Tim Allison recently updated this*
commons-compress* version in the Github mirror repo: TIKA-4123 -- general
updates for 3.0.0-BETA -- upgrade commons-compress · apache/tika@3c88246
(github.com)
<https://github.com/apache/tika/commit/3c882460838c818ab2aff310d1fba9a084fe4800>

We would greatly appreciate if this could be released to tika-server
package in the next week , so we can update our images soon from this
vulnerability.

Thanks,

Nandita Mohan