From: Dave Birdsall [mailto:dave.birds...@esgyn.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:24 PM
To: user@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [Question]Does Trafodion support order by Chinese character?

The order should reflect the encoding of the characters. Chinese characters are
supported in two ways: via UTF-8 encoding (the default) and UCS2 encoding
(which you get by specifying CHARACTER SET UCS2 in the column definition). So,
when issuing ORDER BY, the order you get will be either UTF-8 ordering or UCS2
ordering. If I recall correctly, the mapping between UTF-8 and UCS2 encodings
preserves order; in which case the order will be the same for both.