From: Anoop Sharma [mailto:anoop.sha...@esgyn.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:28 PM
To: user@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [Question]Object has invalid state?

purgedata internally drops the table from hbase, and
then recreates it as an empty table.
Invalid state usually means that the object is still in traf metadata but
the underlying hbase object has been dropped. Or vica versa.

This is an error condition and shouldn't happen under normal conditions.
Difficult to say what would have caused it to reach this state. Probably
some error happened that caused it to not recreate it correctly.

Does this table has indexes on it?
Was there any node/process crash during that purgedata?
hbase logs may also have some info.

You can also try:
cleanup metadata, check, return details;
This will show inconsistent object and may give more info.
(check option will not actually clean it up).

anoop