This was mentioned in [1] before.

I think that one of the SCA goals is to allow developers to
concentrate in the business logic, and leave the infrastructure
details for the runtime. The idea is that you can have your component
implementation and then use SCA Bindings to expose it's services using
multiple protocols (e.g using json-rpc, rmi or jms).

But I see your scenario as a valid one, where a service invocation
need to pass credentials or tokens when invoking some references, and
these can be http based bindings or not, so we might need to see how
we can accomplish this with a more generic solution if possible.

Let's see what others have to say here... and I'll think more about
the issue in parallel.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/user@tuscany.apache.org/msg00410.html

--
Luciano Resende