Hello,

- I built the tracing/aspectj module under 1.4 and the test seems to work.
When I try to use it in my sample application, the timing info is printed for
the log.info() calls of the domain launcher (or whatever...) like:

Timing Around timedSection jp=call(void java.util.logging.Logger.info(String))
16.03.2009 11:03:20 org.apache.tuscany.sca.http.jetty.JettyServer
info_aroundBody0
INFO: Added Servlet mapping: http://flip:8085/GuidelineService
Timing Around timedSection Roundtrip is 1ms for jp.getSignature=void
java.util.logging.Logger.info(String)

- But the same time-logging does not successfully take place for a log.info()
call that I have added inside my web service :-(
The following output appears when the web service is called:

[generatedclassloa...@1a0724a] info AspectJ Weaver Version 1.6.1 built on
Thursday Jul 3, 2008 at 18:35:41 GMT
[generatedclassloa...@1a0724a] info register classloader
org.apache.tuscany.sca.interfacedef.java.jaxws.generatedclassloa...@1a0724a
[generatedclassloa...@1a0724a] info using configuration
/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/tuscany-sca-1.4-src/modules/tracing-aspectj/target/classes/META-INF/aop.xml
[generatedclassloa...@1a0724a] info define aspect
org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect
[generatedclassloa...@1a0724a] warning no match for this type name:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect [Xlint:invalidAbsoluteTypeName]
[generatedclassloa...@1a0724a] error Non-aspect types can only be specified in
a declare precedence statement when subtypes are included.  Non-aspect type is :
org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect
[generatedclassloa...@1a0724a] error Non-aspect types can only be specified in
a declare precedence statement when subtypes are included.  Non-aspect type is :
org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect
[generatedclassloa...@1a0724a] error Non-aspect types can only be specified in
a declare precedence statement when subtypes are included.  Non-aspect type is :
org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect
[generatedclassloa...@fd0695] info AspectJ Weaver Version 1.6.1 built on
Thursday Jul 3, 2008 at 18:35:41 GMT
[generatedclassloa...@fd0695] info register classloader
org.apache.tuscany.sca.interfacedef.java.jaxws.generatedclassloa...@fd0695
[generatedclassloa...@fd0695] info using configuration
/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/tuscany-sca-1.4-src/modules/tracing-aspectj/target/classes/META-INF/aop.xml
[generatedclassloa...@fd0695] info define aspect
org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect
[generatedclassloa...@fd0695] warning no match for this type name:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect [Xlint:invalidAbsoluteTypeName]
[generatedclassloa...@fd0695] error Non-aspect types can only be specified in a
declare precedence statement when subtypes are included.  Non-aspect type is :
org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect
[generatedclassloa...@fd0695] error Non-aspect types can only be specified in a
declare precedence statement when subtypes are included.  Non-aspect type is :
org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect
[generatedclassloa...@fd0695] error Non-aspect types can only be specified in a
declare precedence statement when subtypes are included.  Non-aspect type is :
org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect
16.03.2009 11:09:12 governance.GuidelineImpl getGuideline
INFO: Hello Simon and Ben!

- However, all of the above happens when I use the 1.3.2
tuscany-sca-manifest.jar in the classpath. With the 1.4 manifest, I get the
following error and no time-logging appears then at all:

[appclassloa...@df6ccd] error Attempt to concretize but chosen aspect name
already defined: <concrete-aspect
name='org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect'
extends='org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.TimingAspect'/> in aop.xml
[appclassloa...@df6ccd] error Concrete-aspect
'org.apache.tuscany.sca.aspectj.UserTimingAspect' could not be registered

- Any conclusions the above random :-) clues lead you to could be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Apostolos