The sample/customer-dojo sample application has a component  that it's
implementaiton uses a openJPA to access a SQL database.

There are also various sample/*-webapp sample applications that have
JSP as the user interface, and most recently we have been working on
implementation.jee and some JSP Tag Libraries to help in this
environment.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk