On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Jeff Davis <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build the 1.5.1 release from source. I downloaded via SVN
> using this path:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/branches/sca-java-1.x. When I try
> running mvn, I always get the following error:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: POM
> 'org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-itest' not found in repository: Unable to
> download the artifact from any repository
>
>   org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-itest:pom:1.5.1-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
> I looked in the repository, and I indeed don't see that file.
>

Doing a mvn -N inside itests directory should fix this for your local env.

> The reason I was trying to build from source is that when I try running the
> calculator-distributed sample, I receive an error when running "ant
> runNodeA" that is:
>
> runNodeA:
>      [java] Sep 18, 2009 10:44:57 AM
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl <init>
>      [java] INFO: Creating node: http://localhost:9990/node-config/NodeA
>      [java] Sep 18, 2009 10:44:58 AM
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl configureNode
>      [java] INFO: Loading contribution:
> file:/c:/jdavis/tuscany-sca-1.5/samples/calculator-distributed/./src/main/resources/nodeA/
>      [java] Sep 18, 2009 10:44:59 AM
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl configureNode
>      [java] INFO: Loading composite:
> http://localhost:9990/composite-resolved/composite:nodeA;http://sample;CalculatorA
>      [java] Sep 18, 2009 10:44:59 AM
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ValidatingXMLStreamReader
>      [java] SEVERE: XMLSchema validation error occured in: null ,line = 1,
> column = 540, Message = cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: 'subtractServic
> e#SubtractServiceComponentC/SubtractService' is not a valid value for
> 'QName'.
>      [java] Sep 18, 2009 10:44:59 AM
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ValidatingXMLStreamReader
>      [java] SEVERE: XMLSchema validation error occured in: null ,line = 1,
> column = 540, Message = cvc-attribute.3: The value 'subtractServi
> ce#SubtractServiceComponentC/SubtractService' of attribute 'name' on element
> 'binding.sca' is not valid with respect to its type, 'QName'.
>      [java] Sep 18, 2009 10:44:59 AM
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ValidatingXMLStreamReader
>      [java] SEVERE: XMLSchema validation error occured in: null ,line = 1,
> column = 719, Message = cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: 'multiplyServic
> e#MultiplyServiceComponentA/MultiplyServiceImpl' is not a valid value for
> 'QName'.
>      [java] Sep 18, 2009 10:44:59 AM
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ValidatingXMLStreamReader
>      [java] SEVERE: XMLSchema validation error occured in: null ,line = 1,
> column = 719, Message = cvc-attribute.3: The value 'multiplyServi
> ce#MultiplyServiceComponentA/MultiplyServiceImpl' of attribute 'name' on
> element 'binding.sca' is not valid with respect to its type, 'QName
> '.
>      [java] Sep 18, 2009 10:44:59 AM
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ValidatingXMLStreamReader
>      [java] SEVERE: XMLSchema validation error occured in: null ,line = 1,
> column = 900, Message = cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: 'divideService#
> DivideServiceComponentA/DivideServiceImpl' is not a valid value for 'QName'.
>      [java] Sep 18, 2009 10:44:59 AM
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ValidatingXMLStreamReader
>      [java] SEVERE: XMLSchema validation error occured in: null ,line = 1,
> column = 900, Message = cvc-attribute.3: The value 'divideService
> #DivideServiceComponentA/DivideServiceImpl' of attribute 'name' on element
> 'binding.sca' is not valid with respect to its type, 'QName'.
>      [java] Sep 18, 2009 10:44:59 AM
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.ComponentReferenceWireBuilderImpl
>      [java] WARNING: No targets for reference: Composite =
> {http://sample}CalculatorA Reference = addService
>      [java] Sep 18, 2009 10:44:59 AM
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl start
>      [java] INFO: Starting node: http://localhost:9990/node-config/NodeA
>      [java] CalculatorService - add 3.0 and 2.0
>      [java] Exception in thread "main" org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>      [java]     at
> node.LaunchCalculatorNodeA.main(LaunchCalculatorNodeA.java:64)
>      [java] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>      [java]     at
> calculator.CalculatorServiceImpl.add(CalculatorServiceImpl.java:56)
>      [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>      [java]     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>      [java]     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>      [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
>      [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.java.invocation.JavaImplementationInvoker.invoke(JavaImplementationInvoker.java:156
> )
>      [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.sca.impl.SCABindingInvoker.invoke(SCABindingInvoker.java:61)
>      [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvocationHandler.java:309)
>      [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvocationHandler.java:156)
>      [java]     at $Proxy5.add(Unknown Source)
>      [java]     at
> node.LaunchCalculatorNodeA.main(LaunchCalculatorNodeA.java:46)
>      [java] Java Result: 1
>
> So, I figured if maybe I built it from the source, I could overcome this
> issue. I'm running Sun's JDK 1.5.0_21.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> jeff
>

In order to run the samples using ant script, you need to run them
from a binary distribution. Are you building your own binary
distribution to run these samples or just using the ant from the
source ? If the later, try the following : 1) build form modules first
(mvn clean install) 2) build the sample using mvn clean install (this
should run the tests that exercise the logic on this sample)


-- 
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Reply via email to