Pierre, I applied a fix last week (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2105) that enables recovery of
temp reply queue listener after broker failure and restart. With the fix,
I've tried to create a failing scenario but so far I dont see the hang. In
my testcase I have an aggregate UIMA AS service with one remote delegate.
The timeout on the remote delegate is configured to be 3 secs. The remote
delegate is configured with 1 CAS, no scaleup. The aggregate has a simple CM
producing 1 CAS per each input CAS. The application client is essentially
this code:

    Map<String, Object> appCtx =
buildContext("tcp://localhost:61616",  "TopLevelTaeQueue");
    appCtx.put(UimaAsynchronousEngine.Timeout, 3000);
    appCtx.put(UimaAsynchronousEngine.CasPoolSize, 3);

    deployService(eeUimaEngine, relativePath + "/Deploy_NoOpAnnotator.xml");
   // delegate
    deployService(eeUimaEngine, relativePath +
"/Deploy_AggregateAnnotator.xml");

    initialize(eeUimaEngine, appCtx);
    waitUntilInitialized();
    for (int i = 0; i < 3000; i++) {
      CAS cas = eeUimaEngine.getCAS();
      eeUimaEngine.sendCAS(cas);
    }

While the app client is running I kill the broker, wait a few seconds and
start a new broker. I see timeouts both in the aggregate and the client. I
see that the aggregate fails to send replies (Timeout Exceptions) to the app
client due to temp queue being bad. After awhile the connections are
re-established, new listeners created on the remote services and processing
continues without errors.

JC

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pierre, thanks I will try to replicate the scenario to see what is
> preventing CASes from timing out in the application client.
>
> JC
>

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Pierre Pujalon <ppuja...@yahoo.fr>wrote:
>
>> JC,  I have this timeout setted already then. The callback only receives
>> the timeout exception for the first CAS.
>> This only occurs when I have a delegated annotator.
>>  When I configure my application with aggregates without any delegate
>> annotator, the callback receives  timeout from all CASes.
>>
>> Pierre
>>

>> Le 31/03/2011 16:40, Jaroslaw Cwiklik a écrit :
>>
>>  Pierre, to set a timeout on the aggregate do the following in the
>>> application client:
>>>
>>> //create Asynchronous Client API
>>> uimaAsEngine = new BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_impl();
>>> //create Map to pass server URI and Endpoint parameters
>>> Map<String,Object>  appCtx = new HashMap<String,Object>();
>>> appCtx.put(UimaAsynchronousEngine.Timeout, 500); // 500ms timeout on
>>> Process
>>> CAS