Dear Georg,

we are working on an web based annotation tool, which allows working
with CASes, for quite a long time now.
We started to develop it within the THESEUS research programm and
continually improving it.
It enables you to manually add/remove annotations (given a specific type
system) or using a deployed AS endpoint to process given texts with.
Both ways - manual and automatic annotations - can get combined as well.
A third way is a semi-automated approach, where you can select terms
within your input text and the terminology browser in the right hand
side window suggests
corresponding concepts from a set of various terminologies, which you
can assign to your text selection with one click.
All annotation types, which can be used for manual annoation, are
getting displayed via the "Annotate manually"-Button in the top bar.
After selecting the corresponding part of your text you add the
annotation by clicking the adequate annotation-button.
The results can be stored as XMI.

You will find the current version at www.annotationeditor.de. Feel free
to play around!

There are much more things you currently can do with this tool.
For instance, you can upload a CSV file containing unnormalized items
and specifiy a UIMA AS endpoint those terms should be processed with.
It then returns the CSV with the corresponding mappings.

Without logging in, you can use a sample AS endpoint to process your
data with (GuestEnglischMeSH). In principle, any AS endpoint can be
communicated with.

Unfortunatelly there is currently no user documentation, since
everything is work in progress.
If you have any questions, feel free to conatct us!

All the best,
Frank

--
Averbis GmbH
Tennenbacher Straße 11

Fon: +49 (0) 761 - 203 976 92
Fax: +49 (0) 761 - 203 976 94
E-Mail: end...@averbis.de

Geschäftsführer: Dr. med. Philipp Daumke, Dr. Kornél Markó
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Freiburg i. Br.
AG Freiburg i. Br., HRB 701080