It seems like a CPM hung of some sort while running a jUnit tests. Does
this happen every time you do mvn install?

I just fetched 2.3.1 source and built fine on Win XP with java 1.5 and
maven 3.0.2. I built multiple times each time with success. Not denying
there is a problem, just saying cant reproduce.

In case you havent noticed there is a newer version of uima ,v 2.4.0?
Perhaps you can build that.

JC

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Helen Johnson -X (heljohns - Infobahn
Softworld Inc at Cisco) <heljo...@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to install UIMA and the UIMA-Sandbox items.
> My first question is: Do I have to get the sandbox items by building from
> the src?
> Is there, instead, a bin distribution?
>
> If I do have to build from src, I am having trouble with that and have
> further questions:
> I am on Winsows 7.
> I have downloaded uimaj-2.3.1-source-release.zip<
> http://www.bizdirusa.com/mirrors/apache/uima/uimaj-2.3.1-source-release.zip>,
> unzipped, and attempted to run
>    mvn install
> from the uimaj directory just underneath the uimaj-2.3.1 parent dir.
> The result is a lot of maven chunking away until it hangs; just below I've
> pasted the last several lines of stdout before the hang.
> Prior to the hang are several chunks of output of "WARNING" and "SEVERE"
> messages. I can post if they seem relevant, but there are many many of
> them. Let me know.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> What is the system waiting for or trying to do?
> Thank you.
> -Helen Johnson
> ---
>
> Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.014 sec
> Running org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.CpmInitTest
> Initialize was called: true
> Aug 01, 2012 1:09:54 PM org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.BaseCPMImpl
> process
> WARNING: Processing the request to stop the CPM. (Thread Name: main)
> Aug 01, 2012 1:09:54 PM
> org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine pro
> cess
> INFO: The collection reader thread state is: 1003 (Thread Name: main)
> Initialize was called: true
> Aug 01, 2012 1:09:55 PM org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.BaseCPMImpl
> process
> WARNING: Processing the request to stop the CPM. (Thread Name: main)
> Aug 01, 2012 1:09:55 PM
> org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine pro
> cess
> INFO: The collection reader thread state is: 1004 (Thread Name: main)
> Aug 01, 2012 1:09:55 PM
> org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine pro
> cess
> INFO: The CPM processing unit is 0 and processing state 2002. (Thread
> Name: main
> )
> Aug 01, 2012 1:09:55 PM
> org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine pro
> cess
> INFO: The CAS consumer thread state is 2002. (Thread Name: main)

  • maven hangs ... Helen Johnson -X (heljohns - Infobahn Softworld Inc at Cisco)
    • Re: mav... Jaroslaw Cwiklik