I don't quite understand your question.  What do you mean by cloning?  Are
you creating another array that references the same FSs or are you also
replicating each FS in the array?
What appears to be wrong?  Are you expecting a different parse tree when
the rules are different but instead getting identical trees?  If so, why do
you think that's a UIMA problem.

It may not be relevant, but my view is that CASes should be treated as
places to store public information that is to be shared amongst
annotators.  Any intermediate results computed by an annotator should not
be stored in the CAS ... basically because there is no delete method.
FeatureStructures can be removed from indexes but that does not delete
them.  The only form of garbage collection occurs when a CAS is serialized
to a file or to a remote service, as then only indexed FeatureStructures
are sent.

~Burn