Hi all -

After some debugging, it turned out that this is caused by the Cas Multipliers that I have in my pipleline. When I remove them from the pipeline it performs very well. I was wondering if there are any considerations that I have to make when using cas multipliers with UIMA-AS ? Are there any settings that I have to change to the descriptor?

Thanks

On 2013-03-23 15:01:42 +0000, Aiman said:

Hello all -

I have been able to successfully deploy my pipeline using UIMA-AS, I tested it through command line tools and received the output CAS. I was then able to programmatically call the service using Client API both asynchronous and synchronously. However, for some reason, after few runs it stopped working.

Now whenever I call sendAndReceiveCAS it just blocks without receiving any response, viewing uima.log did not help as I only found some INFO messages without any errors. sendCAS is more of a hit and miss, it works sometimes and sometimes it does not. I do not understand what causing this and I don't know how to troubleshoot it. I've tried to purge activemq queue, restart it, restart the AS service, changed the queue name. But none of that helped. When I try to terminate the service (using s+Enter), it also hangs after showing a few lines of "....... AnalysisEngineInstancePool.destroy() was called".

I know it's getting stuck somewhere, but my pipeline is very lightweight and it takes a few milliseconds directly without UIMA-AS. I would apperciate any help in troubleshooting this.

Thanks!