Same here, our own stuff relies on higher versions of Java anyway.

Jens

On 07/29/2013 07:55 AM, armin.weg...@bka.bund.de wrote:
No, not for me. You can even switch to Java 7.

Armin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marshall Schor [mailto:m...@schor.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 28. Juli 2013 16:05
An: uima-user
Betreff: Java level prerequsite upgrade?

Dear Users,

The UIMA developers would like to be able to start using Java 6 language
features; of course this would require users to be running this level or later.

Currently, we require only Java 5 or later.

Java 5 from various vendors is either past end-of-life or approaching it
(meaning no updates, unless you have some special contracts).

See http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html or
http://www.ibm.com/software/support/lifecycle/

If we started requiring Java 6 or later, would this be an issue for you?

-Marshall Schor